Problems of dryness in the vagina
Characteristics of vaginal dryness
VAGINAL DRYNESS is characterized by the lack of lubrication of the vagina which can produce itching, irritation or discomfort, an, in sexual intercourse, it is the cause of pain on penetration. In addition, moisture loss implies the reduction of protective flora and its easier to acquire vaginal infections.
Lubrication of the vagina occurs as a result of autonomous nervous system (neurohormonal nervous system) and the hormones progesterone and estrogen.
Both resources stimulate the production of cervical mucus produced by glands in the cervix. This liquid passes through the membranes to the muscular walls of the vagina and is also discharged by the vulvar glands that flows into it.
Vaginal dryness is something common in women during menopause.
Symptoms of vaginal dryness
The main symptoms of Vaginal dryness are: lack of lubrication, pain during intercourse, lack of moisture in the vagina, burning or pain during sexual intercourse, swelling or irritation of the vagina after intercourse.
Causes of vaginal dryness
The main causes of vaginal dryness are:
- Menopause: The estrogen reduction caused by the menopause is one of the possible causes of dryness in the vagina. Aging usually leads to an overall lower production of body fluids.
- Labor: Labor produces alterations in the vaginal wall that can be responsible for lack of vaginal lubrication.
- Breastfeeding: Breastfeeding involves hormonal changes that can alter the flow from the vagina.
- Drugs or medicines: Certain toxic products, like drugs, or certain medicines can cause dryness in the vagina.
- Personal Problems: The lack of personal security, the fear or nervousness before sex, lack of interest for the partner, stress can produce vaginal dryness. They are psychological states that may affect the production of vaginal lubrication by influencing the autonomic nervous system and estrogen production, which can lead to vaginal dryness.
Diagnostics and treatment of vaginal dryness
A transitional period of vaginal dryness is normal and it can affect any woman, especially as they grow older. If facing a prolonged period of lack of lubrication, it is prudent to make a visit to the gynecologist to diagnose the causes of this problem and decide on the most appropriate treatment to be followed.
The natural treatment of vaginal dryness implies the use of a series of natural resources that help to treat the lack of lubrication.
More information on the natural treatment of the vaginal dryness in the listing above.
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.