Hyperopia or farsightedness prevention
How to prevent hypermetropia?
Although farsightedness is impossible to prevent, many experts recommend a set of tips that can help improve or slow its progress. Among all them, we could mention the following:
- Avoid stress or eyestrain and make relaxation techniques.
- Maintain a proper diet, rich in natural foods, especially rich in vitamin A, Vitamin B and Vitamin C, minerals (zinc, calcium, magnesium and selenium) and avoid toxins, such as alcohol or tobacco. (More information about hyperopia diet in the listing above)
- Reduce the near work, or at least avoid prolonged periods of short-distance approach. It is appropriate to make a pause now and then, while reading, computer working or performing any task that involves looking at something at close range.
It is also advisable to make changes in focus near-far as we are working, this is especially necessary when working with screens at close range. A pause has to be made from time to time and focus on distant objects.
- Use good lighting at work or appropriate lenses to avoid eye strain.
- Use natural remedies, to relax and reinforce your eyes.
More information about hypermetropia and its natural treatment in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.