Renal colic treatment
Kidney colic natural treatment
Characteristics of renal colic
Renal colics or kidney colics primarily occur when a kidney stone leaves this organ and places itself in the ureter, obstructing it. It is one of the most painful circumstances that can affect humans
Symptoms of renal colic
The main symptoms of a renal colic are:
- Very strong spasms
- Pain in the side between the bottom of the ribs and hip
- Pain in inner thigh,
- Low urination,
- Tremors and fever.
How to avoid a kidney colic
In order to avoid the renal colics one should take into account those factors that prevent the formation of stones in the kidney. Among others, we should take into account the following considerations:
- Drink plenty of water: Water is the medium in which dissolved all the toxins and minerals. Is expelled through the pores of the skin and urine. Abundant and regular urination, prevents the sedimentation of the crystals of certain minerals that, when grouped, form kidney stones.
We should drink between 2 and 5 liters a day, especially during very hot seasons, when we have made a strong and physical exercise or in other circumstances such as excessive sweating or diarrheas.
- Control the diet: Since kidney stones may re-appear, a controlled diet is very important to avoid their formation:
- Avoid intake of foods high in oxalates, among them, we can point out find spinach, tea, purslane, tomatoes, beans etc. (calcium crystals) (See more information about oxalates in food)
- Do not abuse the consumption of dairy products, although dairy products are necessary.
(Crystals of calcium)
- Do not eat too much animal protein. Do not eat too much animal flesh, eggs, or fish. This type of calcium in this food precipitates in the urine and encourages the kidney stone formation. We must not forget that this kind of food is very rich in uric acid, causing sedimentation other calculi.
- Do not abuse salt consumption.
- Avoid candy and alcohol consumption.
- Maintain a good cleaning of the genitals to avoid the infections of the urinary bladder. Take special care in cleaning the anus or genitals for bacteria do not penetrate into the bladder causing cystitis that is responsible for struvite stones.
- Acidify the urine to prevent the growth of bacteria that can cause calculi.
More information on renal colic and its natural treatment in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.