What supplements are good to delay aging?
Vitamins to delay aging
Vitamins, minerals and other supplements can be very adequate to meet the deficits of these components in the elderly. Among the main ones, we can consider the following:
- Vitamin C: Its antioxidant properties are very suitable to prevent the destructive effects of free radicals. It may be helpful to reduce problems that oxidation has on the eye (vision loss, cataracts), on the ear (deafness); on the skin (dry skin, wrinkles, sagging, etc) or on the the circulatory system (hypertension, atherosclerosis, etc.) Its effects on the menopause are considered very positive. (See the complete study of this vitamin)
- Vitamin E: Like vitamin C, is a good antioxidant and can help in many common diseases of aging. (See the comprehensive study of this vitamin)
- Vitamin A: Another suitable antioxidant. It strengthens the immune system , so it is very suitable to prevent the occurrence of many diseases in elder people, especially those of the respiratory system: sore throat, influenza, colds, pharyngitis, sinusitis, bronchitis. Vitamin A helps keep skin in good condition and can be useful in treating diseases that affect it: eczema, acne, psoriasis, herpes, cuts, wounds, etc. (See the complete study of this vitamin)
- Vitamin B: Very helpful to strengthen the mind and heart. (See the comprehensive study of this vitamin)
- Multivitamin Capsules: with calcium, iron and magnesium content, to treat the deficiencies of these minerals.
Other supplements that can keep you younger during more time
- Q-10 Coenzyme: One of the supplements considered “magic” to slow aging, boost immunity and reduce fatigue. It is used as a resource to lose weight.
For this reason, some doctors, think one should take daily supplements of this coenzyme after 40. (The average dose as a preventive is set at 100 mg daily divided into two doses with meals)
It helps in delaying the onset of degenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. It prevents cancer and improves the conditions for heart patients, especially those with heart failure or angina pectoris. Lowers blood pressure, prevent blood clots in the arteries and helps people who have poor circulation in the extremities. (Greater doses than 100 mg daily divided in 2 doses with meals according to medical prescription)
- Alpha-lipoic acid: It protects the liver against toxins and helps purify the body, especially in relation with heavy metal poisoning. Increase the immunity protecting against infection. Protects memory in Alzheimer’s patients. It can help to prevent cataracts. Contributes to a greater effectiveness in insulin treatment in people with diabetes. Helps improve the symptoms of numbness or tingling in people with nerve damage from diabetes or other causes. (The usual dose is 300 to 600 mg daily in three divided doses) is also used in lower doses as a general antioxidant.
- Zinc: Zinc is necessary for the metabolism of proteins and carbohydrates. It also contributes to the formation of insulin. The lack of this mineral is one of the main reasons why old people lose their sense of taste. The use of a vitamin supplement with added zinc may help restore the pleasure for food. This mineral also helps strengthen the immune system so it protects people over the possibility of infection. On the other hand, favors the formation of vitamin A and helps to repair bones and teeth. (Take the supplement according to the prospectus conditions)
More information on aging and its natural treatment.
19 May, 2021