HOW TO PREVENT TICKS
HOW TO AVOID GETTING INFECTED WITH TICKS
Ticks live in vegetation, so going to the country, especially when we lay down on the grass or sit on the ground, favor the contagion.
We must be cautious in adopting the most appropriate prevention measures not to be infected with ticks.
Among the most preventive measures to avoid ticks, we can point out the the following:
– Inspect the ground well to check for ticks (This can be done by placing a white handkerchief in the grass and looking carefully if there is a small tick stuck in the same). If in doubt, leave the place. (Real Ticks are about 3 mm and can be distinguished with the naked eye, other ticks are smaller and harder to see.)
Sitting on the grass favor the contagion for ticks.
– Use boots or closed shoes instead of sandals.
– Place the end of your trousers leg into your boots.
– Use long-sleeved shirt.
– Use a hat, a cap or cover your hair if you have to remain under the trees so that those that may be on them do not fall on your hair.
– Avoid sitting in the grass or soil. If necessary place a tablecloth or blanket to sit on it.
– Inspect your clothes before going home.
– Wash your clothes well with detergent after coming back from the country.
– Inspect your body well (This is especially necessary for children). Ticks often attach at your crotches and the beginning of your scalp, but they can be anywhere in your body.
– Pets (dogs, cats or other animals) can carry ticks. To care for the health of these animals and to avoid they can infest you, you should have review your pet’s fur and apply the appropriate dogs anti-ticks treatment. A visit to the vet is very important either to conduct an inspection or to propose the appropriate treatment to avoid or treat animal ticks.
More information about ticks and other intestinal worms and its natural treatment.
How to avoid ticks contagion
19 March, 2019