How to prevent smelling badly
How is body odor produced?
Body odor is the result of higher amount of micro-organisms. To prevent the conditions that are responsible for the proliferation of microorganisms we would have to consider the following rules:
Tips to prevent body odor
– Wear proper footwear: Avoid shoes that squeeze the feet too much, preventing normal blood circulation and cooling. We need to avoid excessive sweating accumulated in this area.
– Wear breathable shoes: Wear shoes made with natural leather allowing evaporation of sweat. Rubber shoes are not very recommended. Sport shoes should be used only for sports.
– Change shoes regularly, even a couple of times a day, giving time for the shoes used to be aired.
– Dress your feet properly: Make use of cotton socks to absorb sweat.
– Be careful with hygiene in public places: Do not allow your foot rest on soil that could be contaminated by bacteria or fungi. The use of slippers in public places is essential.
– Maintain proper cleaning of the body: Wipe the feet with mild soap and dry them well, especially between the toes.
– Maintain an appropriate frequency of washing: Wash your body usually a couple of times a day.
– Wear appropriate clothing to encourage the body perspiration and prevent the accumulation of sweat.
– Avoid eating foods that produce body odor: Avoid eating foods such as garlic, onions or strong spices, aromatic products which can be eliminated through sweating. Avoid ingestion of toxic substances and stimulants like coffee.
Tricks to clear the bad scent of the shoes:
– Put an oats layer inside the shoes during the night, so to absorb the bad smelt.
– Crush dry leaves of sage and to put them inside the shoe at night.
More information on bad corporal odor and its natural treatment.