What is dizziness?
Dizziness is characterized by a sense of instability. It is a different symptom from that is a feeling that the outside or inside world is spinning.
There are basically two types of dizziness: those that are the result of physical problems and dizziness that occurs as a result of the movement, such as it happens when traveling, in jerky movements, certain forms of entertainment, etc.
The latter type of dizziness is called kinetosis or motion sickness (More information about motion sickness in the listing above)
Symptoms of dizziness
The main symptoms of dizziness are: nausea, imbalance, lightheadedness,
Causes of dizziness
Possible causes of dizziness are:
- Ear Problems. The ear is the organ that controls balance. Many ear abnormalities in the inner ear fluid can alter the sense of balance. Among them, the most important is Meniere’s disease, but it may also occur because of other, such as auditory nerve tumors, lesions on the ear, ear infections, inflammation of the ear, etc.
- Other body diseases: Other body diseases may manifest as vertigo, such as a poor circulation caused by the low elasticity of blood vessels (Arteriosclerosis), heart arrhythmias, nerve disorders, hypertension or hypotension, anemia, multiple sclerosis, etc.
- Digestive problems: Poor digestion or food allergies produce feelings of discomfort with vomiting and dizziness.
- Hypoglycemia: A low blood sugar can lead to the same symptoms.
- Alcohol, coffee, tobacco and other drugs can encourage the occurrence of vertigo, such as, for example, in the ingestion of, antidepressants, sedatives, or contraception drugs.
How to avoid dizziness
Among the main tips to prevent or make dizziness more bearable we can mention the following:
- Changing your eating habits: The substitution of a high-saturated fat diet, plenty of cholesterol, by another one richer in natural plant foods improves circulation in both the ear and the brain. This improvement is very interesting for the treatment of vertigo or to prevent its occurrence. (More information about vertigo diet in the listing above)
- Practice some moderate exercise: A moderate exercise improves circulation and encourages blood supply to the ear and brain.
- Take some form of alternative therapy: It has been proved that the adoption of certain alternative treatments improves the condition of patients suffering from vertigo. Among the most important ones, we can mention:
- Phytotherapy:Some herbal remedies can prevent it or improve its symptoms. More information about Remedies for vertigo in the listing above
- Relaxation techniques to decrease stress and anxiety.
Diagnosis and treatment of dizziness
In case of repetition of the symptoms mentioned above, we suggest a visit to your doctor who can diagnose the nature of them, especially because these manifestations may be a symptom of a more serious illness.
The natural treatment of dizziness involves using a series of natural resources that can avoid it or improve its symptoms.
More information about dizziness and its natural treatment.
12 August, 2020