What is fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia is a syndrome that particularly affects the musculoskeletal system and involves both severe pain in joints, muscles, ligaments and tendons
It especially specially affects the joints of the arms, legs and neck, but it may affect other body systems or organs.
Is fibromyalgia degenerative?
No, No bone or muscle degeneration occurs, but precludes an adequate quality of life and leads many times to depressive problems if not treated well.
Symptoms of fibromyalgia
The main symptoms of fibromyalgia are:
- Muscle pain
- Join Pain
- Ligaments and tendons pain
- Inability to sleep
- Concentration problems
- Feeling of not having slept well in the morning
- Pain in the head
- Pain in the neck or jaw
- Breathing problems
- Digestive problems with periods of constipation alternating with other periods of severe diarrhea
- Skin problems with spots or itching
- Feeling of poor circulation
- Sensitivity to light
- Pain when penetration
- Constant need to urinate, etc.
The fact that many of these symptoms may appear in fibromyalgia does not mean we should assume that the appearance of several of them have necessarily assume that this syndrome is present.
Fibromyalgia is very difficult to diagnose because many of its symptoms may be due to other conditions. It is necessary to visit a specialist to make a proper diagnosis.
Avoiding stress will help people with fybromialgia
Causes of fibromyalgia
There are no clear causes which determine the onset of the disease. Several reasons have been postulated:
- Nervous disorders resulting from a lack of serotonin.
- Problems due to accumulation of toxic rheumatism.
- Hormonal problems.
- Immune reactions of the organism itself.
- Emotional problems.
- Sleep disorders that prevent the regeneration of tissues.
How to improve symtoms of fibromyalgia
The onset of this disease requires to adopt good living habits to ease the discomfort of the patient. These could include the following:
- The removal of drugs or stimulants, which only makes you increase tension and exacerbate the problem.
- Perform moderate physical activity with special emphasis on activities that lengthen the muscle fibers and increase aerobic activity. (They should be directed initially by a specialist because the exercises in an abrupt or inappropriate may worsen the syndrome)
- Avoid stress.
- Avoid exposure to cold currents. Dress warmly to not feel cold, as this aggravates the disease.
- Light massage sessions with hot water.
- Attend workshops that teach relaxation techniques and pain management.
Can fibromyalgia be treated with natural medicine?
The natural treatment of fibromyalgia supposes the use of a series of natural resources that can help to improve the state of the affected person.
More information on fibromyalgia natural treatment
TABLE OF COMMON PAINS
|Muscles and sinews|
|Muscular atrophy||Bones and joints|
|Spasms/ache/cramps||Back or spine ache|
|Muscle pain||Neck pain|
|Stomach ache||Period pains|
Characteristics of fibromyalgia
19 March, 2019