Characteristics of gastritis, symptoms and treatment
What is gastritis?
Gastritis is an inflammation of the stomach. It is a medical problem that affects many people, both from rich and from poor countries and, if not treated properly, it supposes an increase of risk of stomach cancer.
This disease is usually more common in older people, usually those who take pain medication.
Eating too much fat can cause stomach upset
Types of gastritis
There are two types of gastritis:
– Acute gastritis: It is a stomach inflammation that occurs suddenly.
– Chronic gastritis: It is a stomach inflammation that persists for a long time.
Symptoms of gastritis
The main symptoms of gastritis are:
Causes of gastritis
The main causes that produce gastritis are:
– Helicobacter pylori is a bacteria that pierces the stomach mucosa allowing the gastric acid attack the stomach wall, causing gastritis or ulcer. It is the most important cause that leads to chronic gastritis.
– Poor diet, too rich in animal fats, spicy food, etc.
– Pernicious anemia
– Use of products that irritate the stomach such as alcohol, coffee, tobacco etc. There is evidence that these products are factors that determine that Helicobacter pylori can damage the stomach and duodenal mucose
– The use of certain medicines, mainly non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
– Hepatic insufficiency
Treatment of gastritis
Conventional treatment for gastritis involves the use of effective medicines that treat the causes that produce it. In the case of gastritis produced by Helicobacter pylori antibiotics must be administered.
Ingestion of antacids and a proper diet with abstinence from alcohol, coffee or tobacco usually solve the problem after some period of treatment.
In case of vomiting or bloody stools, you should visit a doctor.
The natural treatment of gastritis focuses on the use of a range of natural resources that may prevent or solve the problem.
More information about gastritis natural treatment.