Health benefits of herbs butter
Differences between normal butter and herbs butter
Butter is a food rich in saturated fat and cholesterol, so that one should not consume this food too often. However, in a balanced diet, it provides high doses of vitamins A and D, with antioxidant effects. In the case of vegetable margarine, it has monounsaturated fats and no cholesterol.
The herbs add flavor and color to herbs butter plus essential oils with different properties for health, depending on what plants you choose. In this case, the nettle plant is very rich in minerals and carotenoids, which enhance the health of the body and skin care.
We recommend this delicious recipe for children, youth and adults. It is suitable for vegetarians, vegan diets, gluten-free (celiac). However, this recipe should not be suitable for people with obesity or cholesterol.
NETTLES BUTTER RECIPE
Ingredients of herbs butter
Photograph of two nettle butter toasts, decorated with wildflowers. You can see that there is a darker butter than the other. To get a green light butter you will have to crash the nettles and butter at a time. However, if the nettles are crushed first and then mixed with the butter, the result is a duller color. This change is because nettle butter protects from oxidation.
- Butter or margarine without trans fat
- Fresh nettles. Should be collected only with gloves and upper leaves of the plant (young leaves).
- It can be prepared with other herbs: dandelion, tarragon, oregano, sage, savory, thyme, basil, yarrow, chamomile, rosemary, fennel, cumin, etc..
- Pinch of salt
Elaboration of herbs butter
- Wash the nettles with protection gloves to avoid the stinging effect on the skin.
- Place the leaves of nettles in a bowl with butter and salt.
- Beat with blender until doing a smooth paste.
- Serve with toasts at breakfast or as a starter.
TIP: You must beat the butter with the nettles at the same time.
More recipes and information on dandelion.
22 April, 2019