What is nephritis?
Nephritis is the inflammation of the kidney. Sometimes it happens unnoticed without causing pain and other times it is very painful.
It can be temporary or chronic in which case it can originate kidney malfunction.
Symptoms of nephritis
Fever can be a symptom of nephritis
The main symptoms of nephritis are:
Causes of nephritis
The main causes that can produce inflammations in the kidneys are:
- Ingestion of medicines or toxic products. Some medicines, especially the abuse of antiinflammatories or analgesic, or toxic products (alcohol or tobacco, solvents, lead, cleaning products, etc.) can cause inflammation in the kidneys.
- Diseases: Certain diseases, like diabetes, uric acid, kidney stones, AIDS, syphilis, certain cancers, etc. can also affect the kidneys, leading to inflammation.
- Immune Problems: Certain kidney chronic inflammations respond to immune system problems that adversely affect the kidney glomeruli, causing them not to function properly. (Glomerulonephritis)
- Traumatisms: Impacts, falls, accidents at work, sports, etc. can cause inflammation.
Prevention of nephritis
Eating acidic food, such as raspberries, can prevent nephritis by means of acidifying urine
In order to avoid the appearance of infections in the kidney we would have to consider the following considerations:
- Caring for the hygiene: A good hygiene is essential after defecation. It is important that the washing is carried out from front to back to prevent microorganisms from entering through the urethra. This rule applies with particular obligation to women who are more likely to suffer urinary tract infections. Washing the genital area after sex is another welcome measure.
- Avoid the contaminated objects: We should be extremely careful not to contaminate the objects that can access this area (tampons, diaphragms, spermicidal products, etc.).
- A proper diet:Adequate food, high in fiber and acidic foods (blueberries, lemons, oranges, grape, potatoes, etc.), with little sugar presence, does not only help to the fight against constipation and accumulation of bacteria in the body, but it acidifies the urine, creating an environment unsuitable for the development of bacteria.
- Increase water consumption: Drinking a lot of water increases micturition. An abundant urination facilitates the expulsion of microorganisms.
Diagnosis and treatment of nephritis
Facing some symptoms that may presuppose the existence of a kidney inflammation, the first thing to do is to visit the doctor or specialist who, through analysis, will be able to detect the possible existence of an infection. Kidney infections or inflammations may endanger the health of the kidneys, so they need an urgent treatment.
Natural treatment of nephritis
The natural treatment of renal inflammations supposes the use of a series of natural resources that can prevent or help cure the inflammation. Among them, we can consider:
– Medicinal plant remedies for nepphritis
– Suitable diet for nephritis
More information on nephritis.