What is stomach ulcer?
Stomach ulcers or gastric ulcers are lesions of the mucous membranes lining the stomach.
They mostly affect people over 50 years, with a proportion higher in men than in women. It is a chronic disease that comes and goes in different periods.
Symptoms of stomach ulcer
Sometimes another complications, such as bleeding, can appear.
Causes of stomach ulcers
The main causes that produce stomach ulcers are:
– Bacteria-Infection: Most ulcers are caused by a bacterium (Helicobacter pylori) that causes infections in the digestive system.
– Gastric hyperacidity: excess of acidity or hyperchlorhydria can cause some of these ulcers.
– Regular use of alcohol or tobacco.
– Use of certain drugs, particularly non-steroidal anti inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) that are used as analgesics for pain, including the best known and most responsible acetyl salicylic acid – aspirin -, or others such as cortisone or ibuprofen.
– Genetic reasons: People with a history of ulcer patients are more likely to suffer from this disease.
Diagnosis and treatment of ulcers
Suspecting a stomach ulcer that does not improve in two or three days of care, the first thing to do is a visit to the specialist so that, through various processes (physical examination, endoscopy, radiography, blood tests, etc.) can make the proper diagnosis.
Because of the possible existence of a cancerous ulcer, or to avoid possible complications such as stomach perforation or penetration into the liver or pancreas, it is recommended the need for this consultation as soon as possible. This recommendation is strictly necessary if clear symptoms, such as vomiting, bloody or dark stools.
Properly medicated ulcers can be cured soon. Antibiotics can be used to treat ulcers caused by bacterium Helicobacter pylori. However, some complications can occur that may require the use of surgery (Perforations, obstructions, bleeding, etc).
The natural treatment of stomach ulcer involves using a series of natural resources that help prevent this disease or reduce its symptoms.
More information about ulcers natural treatment.