What is vertigo?
Vertigo is a sensation as though one’s outside world or one’s inside was whirling. It is a different symptom from dizziness, that is characterized by a sense of instability or imbalance.
Symptoms of vertigo
The main symptoms of vertigo are:
– sweating, etc.
Causes of vertigo
Possible causes of vertigo include:
– Ear Problems. The ear is the organ that controls balance. Many ear abnormalities in the inner ear fluid can alter the sense of balance. Among them, the most important is Meniere’s disease, but it may also occur because of other, such as auditory nerve tumors, lesions on the ear, ear infections, inflammation of the ear, etc.
– Other body diseases: Other body diseases may manifest as vertigo, such as a poor circulation caused by the low elasticity of blood vessels (Arteriosclerosis), heart arrhythmias, nerve disorders, hypertension or hypotension, anemia, multiple sclerosis, etc.
– Hypoglycemia: A low blood sugar can lead to the same symptoms.
How to avoid vertigo
Among the main tips to prevent or make vertigo more bearable we can mention the following:
– Changing your eating habits: The substitution of a high-saturated fat diet, plenty of cholesterol, by another one richer in natural plant foods improves circulation in both the ear and the brain. This improvement is very interesting for the treatment of vertigo or to prevent its occurrence. (More information about vertigo diet in the listing above)
– Control your movements: Some changes in position can cause momentary vertigo, known as postural dizziness. Doing smooth motions is needed to prevent them. Concentration exercises and fixing your vision on a particular item are a good way to train the mind and avoid instability.
– Avoid doing strenuous exercise: A violent physical activity may be counterproductive to the health of the ear, manifesting itself as vertigo. Furthermore, moderate exercise improves circulation and promotes ear and brain health.
– Take some form of alternative therapy: It has been proved that the adoption of certain alternative treatments improves the condition of patients suffering from vertigo. Among the most important ones, we can mention:
Natural treatment of vertigo
– Phytotherapy:Some herbal remedies can prevent it or improve its symptoms. More information about Remedies for vertigo in the listing above
– Relaxation techniques such as yoga to decrease stress and anxiety.
Diagnosis and treatment of vertigo
In case of repetition of the symptoms mentioned above, we suggest a visit to your doctor who can diagnose the nature of them, especially because these manifestations may be a symptom of a more serious illness.
The natural treatment of vertigo involves using a series of natural resources that can avoid it or improve its symptoms.
More information about vertigo and its natural treatment.