Recipe for barbecued artichokes
Ingredients for four people:
- Make a good fire with wood or coal to make good embers.
- Clean the artichokes, removing the stems and leaving all the leaves.
- Hit the ends opposite the stems to soften them so you can open them up a bit.
- Add a tablespoon of Olive oil in each artichoke through the aperture we have done. Add also a pinch of salt.
- Place the artichokes on the embers.
- Cook. (You can notice it when the leaves are wilted)
- Remove them from the embers.
Way to serve them
- Eat very hot as a starter.
More information about artichokes.
This article was endorsed by Elisenda Carballido - Dietitian nutritionist. Postgraduate in Phytotherapy and master in Nutrition and Metabolism.
Written by Editorial Botanical-online team in charge of content writing
16 March, 2022