Recipe of jam made with blueberries and rhubarb
Ingredients for about 4 or 5 kilos of jam
- 3200 grams of blueberries
- 450 g of rhubarb
- 2300 gr sugar
- Clean the blueberries.
- Clean the rhubarb
- Place the rhubarb in a saucepan and add sugar above it.
- Heat over a low flame. Stirring the mixture continuously until sugar is completely dissolved and allow rhubarb juice to leak.
- Increase the heat to high flame for about 12 minutes.
- Add the cranberries and simmer for a quarter of an hour or a little more until the mixture sets.
- When it has set, remove the froth and bottle. (Use a funnel, fill the bottle up to the maximum. Cover the jam with waxed paper, even if hot, and tap immediately.
- Keep the jam at room temperature to let it lose the heat and then store in a cool, dry and dark place.
Ways to serve
- Eat at breakfast with milk, to accompany the yogurt, on top of cookies, with cakes or spread on bread.
More information about blueberry.
29 July, 2021