Recipe of jam made with blueberries and rhubarb
Ingredients for about 4 or 5 kilos of jam
– 3200 grams of blueberries
– 450 g of rhubarb
– 2300 gr sugar
– Clean the blueberries.
– Clean the rhubarb
– Place the rhubarb in a saucepan and add sugar above it.
– Heat over a low flame. Stirring the mixture continously until sugar is completely dissolved and allow rhubarb juice to leak.
– Increase the heat to high flame for about 12 minutes.
– Add the cranberries and simmer for a quarter of an hour or a little more until the mixture sets.
– When it has set, remove the froath and bottle. (Use a funnel, fill the bottle up to the maximum. Cover the jam with waxed paper, even if hot, and tap immediately.
– Keep the jam at room temperature to let it lose the heat and then store in a cool, dry and dark place.
Ways to serve
Eat at breakfast with milk, to accompany the yogurt, on top of cookies, with cakes or spread on bread.
More information about blueberry.
5 January, 2021