Recipe of Barley water
Ingredients for a liter of barley water:
– 4 cups of water.
– One-half cup of barley.
– 1 tablespoon brown sugar cane.
– Cinnamon (optional).
– Skin of lemon (optional).
– Put the kettle on.
– When boiling, add barley and cook for 45 minutes over low heat.
– Then, strain the barley and water is separated
– Add a spoonful of sugar cane and stir well.
– Optionally, you can add a slice of lemon or a bit of cinnamon.
It can be used to cut the diarrhea, and to quench thirst and hydrate the body in the days of great heat. Take two or three cold glasses a day.
More information:vegetarian cuisine
More information about the barley water.
19 March, 2019