How to prepare barley water
Ingredients for a liter of barley water:
- 4 cups of water.
- One-half cup of barley.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar cane.
- Cinnamon (optional).
- Skin of lemon (optional).
- Put the kettle on.
- When boiling, add barley and cook for 45 minutes over low heat.
- Then, strain the barley and water is separated
- Add a spoonful of sugar cane and stir well.
- Optionally, you can add a slice of lemon or a bit of cinnamon.
- It can be used to cut the diarrhea, and to quench thirst and hydrate the body in the days of great heat. Take two or three cold glasses a day.
More information:vegetarian cuisine
More information about the barley water.
20 June, 2021