WHAT ARE THE EUCALYPTUS ADVERSE EFFECTS?
- Adverse skin reactions: when applied to the skin, eucalyptus oil or products containing it may cause dermatitis, eczema and itching in some sensitive individuals.
In case of using the essential oil, dilute it first. If used undiluted, it is very irritating and can cause blisters or burns.
- Digestive disorders: essential oil is irritating the digestive tract and can cause diarrhea, heartburn, nausea and vomiting.
- Poison: essential oil possesses neurotoxic effect. At doses higher than recommended, it may cause headache, dizziness and tachycardia.
Consequences of ingesting eucalyptus essential oil
Eucalyptus essential oil overdose is very dangerous for its neurotoxic effects.
Eucalyptus flowers and leaves
Symptoms of poisoning with eucalyptus essential oil
The essential oil poisoning includes the above symptoms
And it can also cause:
- Severe epigastric pain
- Muscle weakness
- Pinpoint pupils
- Hematuria (blood in urine)
- Breathing difficulties or choking sensation.
At high doses (3.5 ml.) eucalyptus essential oil has proved to be lethal.
Side effects of eucalyptus during pregnancy and lactation
Eucalyptus appears to be safe during pregnancy and lactation in established food quantities.
Eucalyptus oil has many dangers and should not be used during pregnancy or lactation.
More information on eucalyptus.
28 July, 2021