Cure for amnesia
Vitamins and minerals for memory loss or amnesia
How to improve memory problems with minerals and vitamins?
Remedies to favor the recovery of the memory
SUPPLEMENTS, used and supervised by the doctor or specialist, can help to reinforce the treatment of the memory problems.
Among the main supplements we could mention the following:
- Vitamin E: For its antioxidant properties the use of supplemental vitamin E may help reduce the negative impact that free radicals have on neurons. Vitamin E also has positive properties for the movement to hinder the bonding of cholesterol on the arteries. This improves circulation and protects against stroke, including brain, which are often responsible for memory loss. The usual dose is 400 to 800 IU daily)
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin): A very important compound for the supply of glucose to the brain as well as conservation of blood vessels. Niacin supplements should only be taken under strict medical supervision. (See characteristics and dosage in the general study of this vitamin)
- VitaminB6 (Pyridoxine): This vitamin improves circulation by decreasing homocysteine levels and contributes to the health of the nervous system. pyridoxine small deficiencies can manifest as nervous system disorders such as nervousness, anxiety, depression, insomnia, etc. Its deficiency is also responsible for mental changes such as memory problems or difficulty in learning. Their use encourages the maintenance of memory in older people. (The usual dose is 40 mg per day divided into two doses)
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid) Folic acid reduces the risk of stroke. A deficiency of this vitamin causes, among other symptoms, lack of memory. You may need supplementation of folic acid in people with nutritional deficiencies. The usual dose is 400 mcg daily, combined with 1000 mcg of vitamin B12, since folic acid reduces the levels of the latter Vitamin (See more information in the general study)
- Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin): It is necessary for the proper functioning of the brain. In general, people do not have deficiencies of this vitamin, although some can occur even in the elderly and in other cases where the ingestion of supplements may be necessary (See more about the subject in the link of this vitamin)
- Acetyl L-carnitine: Its use is highly desirable to improve memory in older people. Recent studies have shown that their effects are positive even memory loss from Alzheimer's. The usual dose is about 1500 mg daily.
Some principles in investigation
Consult an expert on the use of remedies such as:
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.