Greater celandine (Chelidonium majus) is one of the best remedies for skin warts.
It contains chelidonic acid and alkaloids, all of them effective against warts by several factors:
- The latex, which is the plant juice (orange) is a caustic substance that burns the warts. This property is effective against warts but can cause blisters or burns on sensitive skin.
- Chelidonic acid is a known anti-wart and effective remedy.
- Celandine alkaloids have strong antiviral properties, able to fight the virus that causes warts on the skin.
- These alkaloids also have antimitotic properties, able to stop cell division (mitosis), preventing the development of warts.
- The fresh plant contains enzymes that assist in the process of destruction of the wart.
The most popular remedy with celandine to treat warts remains the most archaic:
WARTS REMEDY : GREATER CELANDINE CREAM FOR WARTS
- With the protection of gloves, collect celandine. This remedy is only possible with the fresh plant.
- Cut a piece of celandine from its base. From this end, shall come forth a yellow or orange juice, which is the latex of the plant (a caustic substance, which burns the wart).
- Spread the plant juice directly on the wart , protecting the surrounding skin with tape or Vaseline.
- Apply 1 or 2 times a day for 9 days.
Do not apply to wounds, cracked skin or irritated areas.
Important: read the contraindications and side effects of celandine in the listing above.
More information on greater celandine in the listing above
Other interesting articles
What to do to remain young?
How to prevent allergies
What is aloe vera gel good for?
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.
© 1999-2015 Botanical-Online SL. All rights reserved.