Greater celandine (Chelidonium majus) is one of the best remedies for skin warts.
It contains chelidonic acid and alkaloids, all of them effective against warts by several factors:
- The latex, which is the plant juice (orange) is a caustic substance that burns the warts. This property is effective against warts but can cause blisters or burns on sensitive skin.
- Chelidonic acid is a known anti-wart and effective remedy.
- Celandine alkaloids have strong antiviral properties, able to fight the virus that causes warts on the skin.
- These alkaloids also have antimitotic properties, able to stop cell division (mitosis), preventing the development of warts.
- The fresh plant contains enzymes that assist in the process of destruction of the wart.
The most popular remedy with celandine to treat warts remains the most archaic:
WARTS REMEDY : GREATER CELANDINE CREAM FOR WARTS
- With the protection of gloves, collect celandine. This remedy is only possible with the fresh plant.
- Cut a piece of celandine from its base. From this end, shall come forth a yellow or orange juice, which is the latex of the plant (a caustic substance, which burns the wart).
- Spread the plant juice directly on the wart , protecting the surrounding skin with tape or Vaseline.
- Apply 1 or 2 times a day for 9 days.
Do not apply to wounds, cracked skin or irritated areas.
Important: read the contraindications and side effects of celandine in the listing above.