Plant Magazine of Botanical-online September 2017

Natural remedies

Milk thistle toxicity

Silybum marianum

TOXICITY OF MILK THISTLE

Is milk thistle a toxic plant?

Milk thistle (Silybum marianum (L.) Gaertn.) is NOT a toxic plant.

silybum_marianum
Milk thistle flower

Neither its active ingredient, silymarin, presents toxic effects at effective doses.

The fresh plant can cause contact dermatitis.

Precautions about milk thistle

- Guidance and advice from your doctor: Milk Thistle is a plant especially recommended for your liver (liver disease).

These diseases are serious and should not be self-treated.

In these cases, it must only be taken with the knowledge and guidance of your physician.

- Consult your doctor before if you have diabetes or alterations in the metabolism of sugar.

punto rojo More information about milk thistle in the listing above.

Other interesting articles

This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.

© 1999-2017 Botanical-Online SL. All rights reserved.

Mobile version