Natural cure for Alzheimer's disease
ALZHEIMER NATURAL CURE
Vitamins, minerals and other supplements for alzheimer
The use of supplements can be very appropriate to improve the symptoms of Alzheimer's or delay its onset. Among the main supplements, we could mention the following:
Supplements of essential fatty acids for Alzheimer
It is suspected that the lack of fatty essential acids could be one of the triggers of Alzheimer's. Analysis in patients with this disease show low levels of these acids. Supplement intake of essential fatty acids omega-3 and omega-6 could improve the evolution of the disease.
There is evidence that patients receiving these components through foods or even better, through supplements showed a larger stability in the character and did not offer many episodes of depression or irritability.
Among the essential fatty acid supplements, we can consider borage oil, evening primrose oil or flaxseed oil. (They can be bought in pharmacies or health stores) (Take them according to the patient's leaflet)
Supplements of vitamin C for Alzheimer
Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant capable of neutralizing the negative effects of free radicals on brain cells. The ingestion of vitamin C supplements can help delay symptoms of Alzheimer's disease. (Take them according to the patient's leaflet)
Other vitamin suplements for Alzheimer
- Supplements of vitamin E for Alzheimer: Because of its antioxidant properties, vitamin E may help delay Alzheimer's destructive effects on brain cells. Higher doses of up to 2000 IU daily slow mental degeneration of Alzheimer's. (Take them according to the patient's leaflet)
- Supplements of vitamin A for Alzheimer: Vitamin A also has antioxidant properties. The administration of 25,000 IU of vitamin A as carotene helps keep the memory of Alzheimer patients.
- Supplements of vitamin B for Alzheimer: The use of supplements of vitamin B group, especially the cobalamin (B12) and thiamine (B1) has a positive effect in maintaining memory and mental functioning of patients in general AD. (Take them according to the patient's leaflet)
Supplements of Ginkgo biloba for Alzheimer
Ginkgo is one of the best remedies to improve blood circulation. The reason lies in the ability of the extracts of this plant to dilate blood vessels and cause blood to flow more smoothly. It appears that flavonoids exert a vasodilator action on the walls of arteries and capillaries while preventing the formation of platelets in blood vessels.
Ginkgo can be used to combat Alzheimer's, not only because it improves brain irrigation but because of its antioxidant properties that are able to combat free radicals, responsible for the deterioration of cells and the onset of many degenerative diseases. The degeneration of brain cells could influence the onset of the disease. (The usual intake is between 60 and 240 mg daily of leaf extracts, divided in 3 doses throughout the day).
Supplements of ginseng for Alzheimer
Siberian ginseng supplements may also be useful to improve the memory of Alzheimer's disease. The usual dose is generally about 600 milligrams per day split into 3 doses.
Huperzia supplements for Alzheimer
Chinese moss (Huperzia serrata) contains huperzine a phytoestrogen that appears to inhibit the breakdown of acetylcholine. It is believed that acetylcholine, the brain chemical transmitter, is responsible for the proper functioning of the brain.
Some researchers believe that lack of this component, which is common in Alzheimer's disease, is responsible for this disease. Doses of 0.1 and 0.4 mg of this component as a complement A of Huperzia could improve the mental state of these patients. Among the side effects we could mentions; cramps, vomiting and diarrhea.
Is hormone therapy useful for Alzheimer's disease?
- Hormones for Alzheimer's? : In the treatment of this disease the use of hormones may be appropriate to improve the changes of mood or sleep problems. Among those, the most useful are:
- Melatonin: an intake of 6 mg daily divided into two doses.
More information about Alzheimer's disease and its natural treatment in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.