BUCKWHEAT AND APPLE CREAM RECIPE
– 1 cup of buckwheat, crumpled *
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 1 tablespoon brown sugar
– 2 ½ cups apple juice
– Diced apple, dressed with lemon juice so it does not become brown.
– Orange zest
(*) In traditional porridge dishes, grain is ground to advance from grains into large pieces. It can be prepared with whole grains, but it will be less thick.
– Preheat oven to 180 º C.
– Wash 3 times buckwheat grain in water to dislodge any dust that may contain. Mash it to break some beans and set aside.
– Mix the butter, sugar, juice of apple, diced apple, lemon zest, spice and buckwheat.
– Put in in single tubs and bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 120 º C. To get it well cooked, the liquid should cover all individual tubs, that’s is to say, it must double the amount of buckwheat.
It is a sweet and delicious recipe. Similar to the traditional rice pudding, but with less cloying taste because this grain has a very mild flavor without much starch.
The fiber content and and starches will prevent us from eating something else between meals.
It is also a recipe suitable for coeliacs.
* Related information: Mediterranean diet characteristics.
More information about Mediterranean diet.