TOXICITY OF MILK THISTLE
Is milk thistle a toxic plant?
Milk thistle (Silybum marianum (L.) Gaertn.) is NOT a toxic plant.
Milk thistle flower
Neither its active ingredient, silymarin, presents toxic effects at effective doses.
The fresh plant can cause contact dermatitis.
Precautions about milk thistle
– Guidance and advice from your doctor: Milk Thistle is a plant especially recommended for your liver (liver disease).
These diseases are serious and should not be self-treated.
In these cases, it must only be taken with the knowledge and guidance of your physician.
– Consult your doctor before if you have diabetes or alterations in the metabolism of sugar.
More information about milk thistle.
Milk thistle toxicity
19 March, 2019