POSSIBLE DANGERS OF TAKING DAISY AS A MEDICINE
Side effects of daisy remedies
- Dermatitis: direct contact with the fresh plant can cause contact dermatitis.
- Allergy: People allergic to Compositae plants should not take daisy as it is a plant of this family.
- Constipation: due to its content of tannins, daisy could worsen constipation.
- Medication: consult your doctor before taking daisy remedies if you take medication.
- The plant as food should be eaten in small quantities due to its high content of saponins and oxalates.
Contraindications of daisy remedies
- Increased appetite: Daisy is a digestive plant, which stimulates the digestive process, and can increase appetite in people who should not eat too much, as obese people.
- Pregnancy and lactation
- Women in pregnancy: It is not proven the safety of this plant during pregnancy. Not recommended for use during pregnancy. * More information: Plants and pregnancy.
- Women in infancy: It is not proven the safety of this plant during lactation. Not recommended for use during breastfeeding. * More information: Plants for breastfeeding.
More information about daisy.
6 April, 2022