How to prevent vision loss
TIPS TO AVOID VISION LOSS
There are a number of techniques or remedies that can help improve the health of your eyes and prevent vision loss. We could take into account the following:
Change your reading habits
This is one of the best options to prevent the onset of visual problems. The following guidelines may be helpful in this sense:
– Always read in places with good light and, if possible, with natural light. (Fluorescent light should always be avoided, since it produces light vibration that can strain your eyes)
– Stop reading occasionally to permit your eyes rest. Look at other points farther than the distance to the paper.
– When working on a screen, also try to rest from time to time, doing focusing near-far eye exercises.
– Avoid eyestrain. Do not read text with too small letters.
– Do not read on the move, for example when traveling.
– Keep your head in a good position, looked straight ahead, never read or watch a screen from one side.
Avoid stress and perform relaxation techniques.
– Without closing your eyes, cover them well with your hands.
– Place your palms well over your eyes until you do not see any light. Close your eyes for some seconds.
– With your eyes covered, wide open your eyes, look forward while you go on blinking.
– Continue this exercise for three minutes. Then, close your eyes, remove your palms and open them well without looking directly at a bright light source.
– Do not use eye drops without physician’s consent. Its use without medical supervision can be damaging to eye health.
Other important advice to preserve your vision
– Perform outdoor walks for in order your eyes to come into contact with sunlight: It would be desirable to remove your glasses from time to time when performing this activity.
– Get enough sleep: Sleeping properly is the best way to maintain your eyes healthy. You must avoid insomnia.
– Maintain a proper diet It has to be rich in natural foods, especially in vitamin A, vitamin B and Vitamin C and minerals (zinc, calcium and magnesium). Avoid toxins, such as alcohol or tobacco. This diet will get you rid off free radicals that can oxidize your eyes.
– Improve the blood supply to the eyes: This is a remedy that can be done wetting your eyes 20 times alternately with hot and cold water.
– Relax and nourish your eyes with natural remedies. Some herbal remedies, vitamins, minerals or other supplements can be useful for your eyes.
More information about vision loss and its natural treatment.