HOW TO COOK BOILED OKRA WITH VEGETABLES
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut them into medium pieces and set aside.
- Wash the okra and cut the ends.
- Put water to boil. When it boils, throw okra and potatoes with salt.
- Cook for 13 minutes.
- Drain and dress with oil.
- Serve as a main dish or as accompaniment.
- Another variant is to prepare only with tender okra, sized about 3 to 5cm, in which case only will be boiled for 5 minutes..
Properties of okra with vegetables
Recipe low in fat and rich in fiber, ideal for any balanced diet, especially for weight loss diets. The okra is a vegetable rich in pectin fiber, which helps lower cholesterol and it is beneficial in the diet for diabetes.
More information on okra recipes and properties.
22 March, 2021