CAPERS IN VINEGAR
How to prepare pickled capers
- Unopened flower buds are collected at firs hour of the morning.
- Leaf debris is removed and stems are cut.
- They are placed in a dry place without light so that they lose moisture for 3 hours.
- Keep for 1 week in salted water.
- After 1 week, change the liquid and leave for 1 more week. In this way, they lose their bitterness.
- Prepare a solution of ⅔ parts vinegar and ⅓ salt with spices such as orange peel, fennel, rosemary or other aromatic herbs.
- Put in glass jars and keep in the fridge.
- Consume after two weeks.
More information on capers recipes
22 June, 2021