SALAD RECIPE WITH CAPERS
Curly lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato
- 10 g. canned capers
- Juice of half a lemon
- Olive oil for dressing
- A pinch of sea salt
- Wash the lettuce leaves and drain well.
- Cut the lettuce leaves for the salad.
- Cut the tomato into wedges.
- Place the salad leaves on a serving platter.
- Place the tomato wedges that we have cut on top.
- Pass the capers in water to remove excess salt and vinegar. Drain them and add them to the salad.
- Drizzle with lemon juice to enrich with vitamin C
- Dress with olive oil and a little salt.
- Serve as a starter or side.
In general, salads are rich in vitamin C.
Vitamin C is an antioxidant vitamin found in fruits and vegetables eaten raw, as it is destroyed by heat (during cooking, for example).
For this reason it is important that we always accompany our meals with fruits or salads, which provide us with vitamin C.
Dressing with lemon juice adds vitamin C to the recipe, one of the most important antioxidants in the diet.
This salad is highly recommended for people with anemia, because vitamin C increases the absorption of iron from food. (More information). In addition, capers are appetizing and tonic, which help to whet the appetite.
Another outstanding virtue of capers is their richness in flavonoids.
Flavonoids, and especially quercetin, have received special interest in recent years for their properties to prevent cardiovascular diseases and certain types of cancer.
For those who still do not know capers, we highlight a recent study in which it was observed that this food contains principles that protect chondrocytes (cells of the joints).
This makes them a very interesting food to introduce in diets for athletes, diets for the joints, diets for the ligaments, etc.
Lettuce, in addition to its fiber content, contains essential oils with relaxing properties.
It is recommended in any balanced diet, weight loss diets, fattening diets, low carbohydrate diets, menopause diets, anemia diets, athlete diets, skin care diets, etc.
More information on capers recipes
22 June, 2021