DIET FOR SYPHILIS
Food for syphilis
Before talking about the right foods in the diet for syphilis, it should be noted that NO DIET IS ABLE TO PROVIDE COMPLETE IMMUNITY against sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) and that the best way to avoid them is an adequate prevention.
However, a balanced diet, rich in natural foods helps boost the immune system and can make the body more resistant to infection.
In case of contracting thIS disease this same diet can complement the official treatments.
Even so, given the seriousness of this disease and its implications for the overall health of the rest of the population, it is necessary to consult a dietitian before embarking on a specific diet.
Fruits and vegetables to increase immunity
Some foods are especially indicated to increase the defenses. Eating these foods in abundance can help the body more resistant to infection or to recover more easily. In general, you should increase consumption of fruits, and vegetables for their high content of certain vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals that help keep immune system cells in good condition.
Among all the foods that increase the immunity, the following deserve special attention:
- Garlic: It has been proven by historical experience and many modern experiments that garlic is a very beneficial food to increase the defenses.
The most prominent component from this plant in the fight against microorganisms is allicin, but it’s not the only one: garlic contains about 40 antibacterial components (allicin, ajoene, ascorbic acid, chlorogenic acid, quercetin, rutin, apigenin etc.) Adding garlic to our meals is a good way to help protect against infection by bacteria, fungi and viruses.
- Onions: Like garlic, onions are also rich in anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and antiviral components. Their components are practically the same that those of garlic, since they are plants of the same family. It is necessary to include this food habitually in our table to increase our defenses.
- Oranges, Lemons and other citruses: Very rich in vitamin C, with antioxidant properties, able to delay the deterioration that the free radicals exert on the immune system.
- Apricots: Rich in vitamin C and beta-carotenes. They are very strong antioxidants.
- Peppers: Another one of the rich foods in vitamin C.
- Cauliflowers, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, broccoli: Vegetables from the group of the cabbages contain abundant vitamin C, vitamin B and beta-carotene with well-recognized antioxidant properties.
- Carrots: Because of their content in carotenoids, they are among the best body purifiers.Their antiviral and bactericidal power has been proven.
- Spinach: Rich in betacarotenos, vitamin C and vitamin B. Spinach capacity to stimulate the immunological system has been verified.
- Mushrooms: They stimulate the immune system.
- Bilberries, strawberries: They constitute one of best antioxidant foods. They contain bactericidal components.
Dry fruits and seeds to boost defenses
Dried fruits and seeds are less important because of their content of essential fatty acids. Among its many properties, they have a positive effect in maintaining the health of the skin, making them suitable for preventing or ameliorating diseases that affect this organ. Among the many recommended foods we could include:
- Walnuts: Walnuts contain very high amounts of fatty acids Omega-3 and Omega -6. In addition they constitute a good vitamin E source, with antioxidant properties, reason why they will be very effective in preventing the negative influence of free radicals in organic health.
- Almonds: Very rich in fatty acids
- Pumpkin seeds: Very rich in vitamin C and essential fatty acids.
- Pine nuts: They contain high amounts of essential fatty acids and vitamin B.
The importance of oily fish and eggs
Oily fish is the name given to that type of fish that has a bluish color. This coloration is due to its richness in fat (about 5%) which is more than twice that of white fish (about 2%). The fundamental importance of this type of fish in a healthy diet is its content in essential fatty acids, especially omega-3. Among the more oily fish used in the diet there are:
- White anchovy (= red anchovies)
- Codfish (Fresh and salty)
- Horse mackerel
- Palometa fish
- Red mullet
Whole grain cereals for good defenses
Cereals, especially whole grain ones, are very rich in vitamin B, reason why, among other many properties, they contribute to maintain the defensive system in good condition. The inclusion of this food group in the habitual diet can provide some aid to the infectious diseases. Among them we will emphasize:
- Wheat: High in niacin, folic acid, pantothenic acid and pyridoxine, helps eliminate toxins from the body.
- Oats: It helps the liver remove toxins. It contains abundant folic acid and pantothenic acid.
- Rice: With high content of pantothenic acid and pyroxidine.
Supplements for the defenses
More information on syphilis and its natural treatment.
6 July, 2021