Bearnaise sauce recipe
BEARNAISE SAUCE RECIPE
- 100g. butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 80ml. tarragon vinegar. If not available, use wine vinegar.
- 3-4 onions or shallots (Allium ascalonicum), chopped
- Fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- Fresh parsley or fresh chervil (Anthriscus cerefolium), chopped
- Crushed white peppercorns
- Reduce tarragon vinegar with chopped shallots, tarragon, parsley and white pepper. Cook over medium heat until reduced by half.
- When it is reduced, remove from heat.
- Mix with butter and a little salt. Stir the mixture well.
- Beat the egg yolks and add slowly to the mixture when this is warm stirring constantly. It is important for the mixture not to be at a high temperature, since the egg could be cooked. In contrast, if too cold, butter would be difficult to remove (solidify).
- The mixture will emulsify and form a thicker texture as we mix it.
- If the mixture has thickened too, water can be added (dropwise).
- Garnish with a few leaves of tarragon or chervil.
- Serve immediately as the mixture is still warm. If necessary, warm to bain Marie. Do not cool.
|PROPERTIES OF BEARNAISE SAUCE|
More recipes and information on tarragon properties and medicinal uses in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.