Diet for gallbladder inflammation
GALLBLADDER INFlamMATION DIET
Food for gallbladder inflammation
Since most of gallbladder inflammation cases are due to gallstones, we have to take the suitable diet to prevent gallstones recurrence. The following dietary recommendations could be very helpful:
- Monitor food: Is very important to control our diet to prevent gallstones formation. we should avoid eating plenty of saturated animal fats and foods that contain cholesterol. It is better to adopt a vegetarian way of life plenty of natural foods, rich in fiber and carbohydrates.
- Do not eat high oxalate foods: Not all vegetable foods are suitable for a gallbladder inflammation diet. People suffering from a tendency to develop calcium-oxalate gallstones should avoid eating high oxalate food. For example, foods with with a high contain of this component are:rhubarb, strawberries, Black tea, beets, spinach,, wheat bran, walnuts, and chocolate.
- Do not eat too much animal protein. We should not consume too much animal meat or eggs. This type of food precipitates calcium in the urine and promotes the occurrence of calculi. Besides, this kind of food is very rich in uric acid, which causes sedimentation. Fish seems to be quite useful to prevent gallstones.
- Low-fat diets, instead of fat-free diets: In spite of this, fat is necessary for the regular contraction of gallbladder. So, instead of dispensing with fat, it is better to undertake a low-fat diet. Fat-free diets are not recommended.
- Increase intake of good containing magnesium, folate, calcium, and vitamin C: there are studies that have proved that a deficiency of these nutrients can be increase the risk of suffering from gallstones. The following table shows a list of foods that contain these vitamins and minerals.
- Drink plenty of water: Water is the medium in which all the toxins and minerals are dissolved It is expelled through the pores of the skin and urine.
An abundant and regular urination prevents sedimentation of the crystals of certain minerals that, when grouped, form stones in the kidney and the gallbladder. We should drink between 2 and 5 liters per day, especially when it is hot or when exercise physical has been carried out, and in other circumstances such as excessive sweating or diarrhea.
- Do not skip meals: Eating regularly helps the bladder empty properly.
- Control obesity: Being obesity one of the triggers for this problem, a weight control would be very appropriate. It is recommended to adopt a balanced diet and practice some physical exercise.
- Avoid rapid weight loss: This increases the risk of gallstones. Diets containing 800 calories or less tend to increase the possibility of suffering gallstones.
More information about natural treatment of gallbladder inflammation in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.