HOW TO GROW MEADOWSWEET
It blooms in May-August, offering creamy white flowers on tops, with very prominent stamens and 5 petals.
Abundant watering. Remember that it is a riparian plant, native of wet, marshy places and rivers banks.
Ideal for wet corners, edges of ponds.
Sun or semi-shade in cool places.
Propagation by seed or by division in spring or summer. Some authors recommend planting the seed in autumn in cold frame. The optimum germination temperature is 10-13 ° C. Keep protected from cold the first winter.
Clayey soil rich in humus to retain moisture. Provide it with a good drainage. It does not tolerate acidic soils and it is drought resistant.
Otras species of "Filipendula"
- Filipendula kamtschatica (Giant Meadowsweet)
- Filipendula multijuga (with pink flowers)
- Filipendula palmata (Siberian Meadowsweet)
- Filipendula purpurea (Japanese Meadowsweet)
- Filipendula rubra (Queen of the prairie)
- Filipendula vestita (Himalayan Meadowsweet)
- Filipendula vulgaris (dropwort, fern-leaf dropwort)
More information on meadowsweet in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.