Meadowsweet side effects
ADVERSE EFFECTS OF MEADOWSWEET
- Contact dermatitis from the fresh plant. It described that salicylates present in the plant may produce reactions in skin rash.
- Allergy: the plant can cause allergies.
- Irritation of the urinary tract, especially when plant extracts are administered.
- Tinnitus: salicylates can cause tinnitus.
Photography of a leaf of meadowsweet
Pregnancy and lactation
- Meadowsweet is not adequate during pregnancy and lactation, so it is contraindicated.
Salicylates cross the placental barrier and breast until the fetus or baby. In the latter case, salicylates in breast milk can cause rashes on the baby.
More information on meadowsweet in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.