(Herbal preparations for astigmatism)
Phytotherapy in the treatment of astigmatism involves using a number of plants that are intended to protect eye cells, improve circulation to the eyes and reduce eye strain. Among them, we mention the following:
- Chamomile: (Matricaria chamomilla) (15-minute infusion of a spoonful of dry flowers in a cup of water. Wet a gauze and apply it on the eyes) Do not use in case of allergic conjunctivitis or hay fever.
- Blueberry (Vaccinium myrtillus) It may help reduce stress for its anti-inflammatory effects on the eye capillaries. (Infusion of a spoonful of dried plant per cup of water. Three cups a day) (Eat blueberries into jam)
- Nettle (Urtica dioica) for its ability to improve blood circulation, it can help to facilitate the arrival of components suitable for eye health. For its anti-inflammatory, like blueberry or horsetail, it reduces eye strain. (Infusion of a teaspoon per cup of water. Drink 2 cups daily.) (Decoction of 60 g of dried plant per liter of water. Apply a wet compress over the eyes)
- Horsetail (Equisetum arvense) It has anti-inflammatory properties as well as reduces eye strain. (Make eye washings with towels soaked in the liquid from the decoction for 10 minutes of 100 g of dried plant in a liter of water)
- Carrot (Daucus carota) Carrots are very rich in vitamin A, beta-carotene with antioxidant properties that protect eye health. (Take carrot juice)
OTHER NATURAL TREATMENTS
- Vitamins and minerals: Using certain vitamin and mineral supplements can promote good eye health. These include vitamin supplements, flavonoids, and zinc.
- Homeopathy: Homeopathy is used in remedies such as Apis mellifica and Ruta graveolens for the treatment of many eye abnormalities.
- Acupuncture: The use of this technique focuses on the activation of eye muscles to facilitate the work of focus of the vision.
- Eye exercises: These are a series of exercises designed to retrain the muscles of the eyes to help focus correctly.
- Bates Method: Eye training exercises.
- Diet: A proper diet can help improve eye health and prevent deterioration. (More information on the diet for the eyes in the listing above)
More information on astigmatism and its natural treatment in the listing above.