EXTRA VIRGIN RAW OLIVE OIL
Characteristics of extra virgin olive oil
Extra virgin olive oil has a higher quality and more organoleptic properties than other olive oils. Its concentration of oleic acid or acidity is lower and close to 1%, which ensures a good quality product over other vegetal oils with higher levels of acidity.
The high quality of this oil gives it a strong fruity flavor with a slight touch of acidity very soft and a distinctive and intense green colour.
Properties of extra virgin olive oil
The consumption of extra virgin olive oil against other vegetal oils is recommended because of its superior composition and the production method.
- Because of its oleic acid content and distribution it is considered the optimal oil for consumption and nutrition.
- Because of its flavor and aroma, virtually nil properties in other types of oils.
- Because of its more natural way of production, simpler and more natural than in refined oils. Besides, it does not contain "trans" fatty acids.
Advantages of raw virgin olive oil
Apart from its composition and the way it is produced, this type of oil has been considered superior to other vegetal oils for the following reasons:
- Because it is the more stable oil, since it has lower content of polyunsaturated fatty acids. and a higher content of monounsaturated fatty acids. These are found to be less prone to rancidity and produce hazardous to our health, such as peroxides.
- Because it is the best oil for frying since it is more resistant to high temperatures.
- Because it provides more medicinal properties. It has been tested and recommended, among many other oils, for the Mediterranean diet.
What are the main health benefits of raw virgin olive oil?
It has been considered mainly very beneficial for:
- The heart and circulatory diseases
- Protecting the liver.
- Preventing constipation because of its gentle lubricating effect.
More information on olive oil in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.