Natural home remedies for nearsightedness
NATURAL REMEDIES FOR MYOPIA
How to cure myopia with natural products
Phytotherapy in the treatment of myopia involves using a number of plants that aim to protect eye cells, improve circulation to the eyes and reduce eye strain. Its use can help stop the progression of myopia or delay its onset.
PHYTOTHERAPY: Herbal remedies for myopia
Among all the suitable plants we can mention the following:
- Bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus) It can help reduce the strain on the eye capillaries. (Infusion of a teaspoonful of dried plant per cup of water. Three cups a day) (Eat blueberries into jam)
- Black currant (Ribes nigrum) The ability of flavonoids to improve distance vision for nearsighted people has been proved. (Tincture or currant fruit syrup under the terms of the patient's leaflet. For sale in pharmacies or herbalists')
- Aronia (Aronia melanocarpa) Anthocyanins from aronia are antioxidants that protect your vision (Take an aronia supplement)
- Horsetail (Equisetum arvense) It also has anti-inflammatory properties, it is adequate to reduce eye strain in eye conditions such as glaucoma or delay the onset of myopia and hypermetropia or prevent vision deterioration. (Make eye baths with towels soaked in the liquid from the decoction for 10 minutes of 100 grams of dried plant in a liter of water)
- Nettle (Urtica dioica) (Decoction of 60 g of dried plant per liter of water. Apply a wet towel over your eyes)
- Chamomile (Matricaria chamomilla) It is particularly suitable as a natural eye drops (15-minute infusion of a spoonful of dry flowers in a cup of water. Moisten a cloth and apply over eyes) (Do not administer in case of allergic conjunctivitis or hay fever)
Supplements for myopia: Vitamins and minerals for nearsightedness
The use of certain minerals or vitamins can help slow the onset of nearsightness or diminish its worsening. The ingestion of these supplements, supervised by an ophthalmologist, may be complementary to conventional treatment. Among all of them, we could mention the following:
- Vitamin A supplements for myopia : Vitamin A is essential for vision. Deficiency of this vitamin may even lead to total blindness. Its antioxidant power is very interesting to keep your eyes in good condition, preventing diseases such as loss of vision, night blindness, hypermetropia, cataracts or glaucoma. It also helps the eyes to overcome bacterial infections such as conjunctivitis. (See more information in the study of vitamin A to know about the correct dosage and its potential toxicity)
- Vitamin B supplements for myopia: Vitamin B deficiency can lead to eyes muscles weakness, especially in case of thiamin (Vitamin B1) insufficiency.
- Zinc supplements for myopia: Zinc helps vitamin A to act.
- Supplements of bioflavonoids for myopia: They exert an antioxidant function and therefore they can help maintain your vision in good condition.
Other natural treatments for myopia
Among all of them, we could mention the following:
- Diet: A proper diet can help improve eye health or prevent its deterioration. (More information on myopia diet in the listing above)
- Acupuncture: The use of this technique focuses on the activation of eye muscles to facilitate eye focusing.
- Homeopathy: Some homeopathic preparations are used to improve this condition.
- Eye exercises: These are a series of exercises designed to retrain the muscles of the eyes to help focus correctly.
- Bates Method: Eye training exercises.
- Qigong: This is a type of Chinese herbal medicine. Some treatment plants are used to correct myopia.
- Acupressure: acupressure exercises that can improve vision.
More information about myopia and its natural treatment in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.