Among all the possible plants, we can include the following:
Internal use preparations for retinal detachment
- Mistletoe: It's a very effective anti-hypertensive, useful for reducing intraocular pressure (Infusion of a teaspoonful of dried plant per cup of water. Take this cup twice daily.)
- Bilberry/Blueberry (Vaccinium myrtillus) Because of its richness in antioxidants, it is ideal for the eye to be able to capture the low light - night blindness - and vision disorders such as glaucoma, retinal detachment or myopia. (It can be taken in capsules, bought in pharmacies or herbalists' in doses according to the patient's leaflet)
- Blackberries (Rubus fruticosus) Because of its vitamin C, its anti-inflammatory properties and its ability to remove fluids, which helps lower blood pressure, it can be a preventive remedy for this disorder. (Eat berries from time to time)
- Hawthorn (Crataegus monogyna) Hawthorn preparations are effective in improving blood circulation and lower blood pressure (Infusion of a teaspoonful of mixture of dried leaves and flowers twice a day)
External use preparations for retinal detachment
- Elder (Sambucus nigra) It has been a traditional remedy for what has been called "evil eye" (Make eye washes with the infusion of a handful of flowers per liter of water. Apply a gauze over the eyes). (Do not use in case of allergic conjunctivitis or hay fever)
- Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) ( Decoction of 40 g. of seeds per liter of water. Wet your eyes with a towel)
- Euphrasia (Euphrasia officinalis) It has been used for many years to treat eye diseases. It avoid eye watering and reduces inflammation of the eyes. ( Make an infusion with 2 tablespoons of the plant in half a liter of water. Allow to cool and apply a wet gauze over your eyes)
Other natural treatments for retinal detachment
Other natural techniques that help prevent retinal detachment are:
- Perform relaxation exercises.
- Homeopathic Medicine: Consult your specialist about treatments with Aconite Apis
More information about retinal detachment and its natural treatment in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.