Are thanksgiving cactus and easter cactus different?
(Schlumbergera truncatus = Zygocactus truncatus)
(Schlumbergera gaertneri = Hatiora gaertneri = Rhipsalidopsis gaertneri)
– Sharp teeth at the margin of the foliar segments.
– Flowers at the end of the segments
– Blooming at the end of October or beginning of November, with tubular flowers, showing a wide range of hues: from white to dark red, shading from dark orange or light purple.
– Tubular calyx.
– The foliar segments don’t have any teeth, they only show 3 or 4 smooth undulations. Beside they present brownish hairs at the tip of the final foliar segment.
– They bloom later. It begins in March and lasts till May.
– Flowers are rather funnel-shaped than tubular, being generally pink or red, without so many hues.
More information about plants cultivation.
22 April, 2019