Herbal remedies for gum inflammation
CHARACTERISTICS OF GINGIVITIS
What is gingivitis?
Gingivitis is the inflammation of the oral mucosa.
Symptoms of gingivitis
- Irritation of the mouth
- Itching, etc.
Causes of gingivitis
Among all the possible causes, we’d like to point out:
- Poor diet.
- Gastrointestinal infection
- Lack of saliva in the mouth.
PHYTOTHERAPY: HERBAL REMEDIES FOR GINGIVITIS
Medicinal preparations for gingivitis
Photo of arnica flowers
- Aloe (Aloe vera) (juice of the plant diluted in water)
- Celery (Apium graveolens) (decoction of the tender plant)
- Arnica (Arnica montana) Mouthwashes with the infusion of one teaspoon of dried plant per cup of water. Dilute 20 drops of tincture in a glass of water and rinse your mouth. (Do not to swallow the liquid)
- Echinacea (Echinacea) (Mouthwashes with the liquid of the fresh plant. Dilute a few drops of dye in water and make mouthwashes)
- Oak (Quercus robur) (Mouthwashes made from macerating one tablespoon of fresh bark in a liter of red wine for 4 days help reduce gum inflammation and stop the outflow of blood)
- Horse chestnut: (Aesculus hippocastanum L) Stops the bleeding caused by gingivitis (Mouthwashes with the liquid from the decoction of 50 gr. of bark in a liter of water for 10 minutes)
- Stevia (Stevia rebaudiana) Chewing the leaves of stevia is good to treat gingivitis
- Agrimony (Agrimonia eupatoria) If inflamed or bleeding gums you can mouthwash with the infusion of a tablespoon per cup of water.
- Watercress: (Nasturtium officinale) (chewing the tender plant)
- Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus globulus) for the treatment of inflammation of the gums, eucalyptus essential oil can be quite effective. (Wet your finger with a few drops of essential oil and massage the gums making. Do not swallow the liquid.)
- Raspberry (Rubus idaeus) Externally used, the astringent properties of this plant can be suitable in the treatment of sore throat, mouth sores, gum inflammation, etc. (Decoction of five tablespoons of dried leaves per liter of water. Let stand 15 minutes. Make gargling or rinsing with the resulting liquid)
- Mulberry (Morus nigra, Morus alba) (mouthwashes with the juice of the fruits)
- Linden: (Tilia sp) (Mouthwashes with the liquid of the infusion of one teaspoon of dried flowers per cup of water)
- Borage (Borago officinalis) (Infusion of a handful of dry leaves per liter of water. Mouthwashes with this liquid)
Mallow (Malva ssp.)(Mouthwashes with the decoction during 10 minutes of a teaspoon of flowers by water cup.)
- Marshmallow (Althaea officinalis) mouthwashes with the liquid of a decoction of 10 minutes a handful by dry root in a liter of water.
- Chamomile (Matricaria chamomila) (mouthwashes with the infusion of the dry plant)
- Honeysuckle (Lonicera caprifolium) (mouthwashes with the liquid of the decoction of 5 spoonfuls of dry leaves by liter of water during 12 minutes.)
Sage (Salvia officinalis) (mouthwashes with the infusion of the dry plant) (tender plant)
- Bramble (Rubus fruticosus) Chewing the tender buds.
- Basil (Ocimum basilicum) (mouthwashes with the infusion of a handful of fresh leaves)
28 July, 2021