Barley water with lemon peel
BARLEY WATER WITH LEMON PEEL RECIPE
Ingredients for one liter of barley water
- 4 cups of water.
- Half a cup of barley.
- 1 tablespoon of cane sugar.
- Cinnamon (optional).
- Lemon skin (optional).
How to make barley water
- Bring water to a boil.
- When it is boiling, add the barley and let it cook for 45 minutes over a low heat.
- Strain the barley to separate it from the water
- Add a teaspoon of sugar cane and stir well.
- Optionally, you can add to the water a slice of lemon or a piece of cinnamon.
Properties of barley water
It will be used to cut off diarrhea, to quench thirst and moisturize your body on hot days.
How to take barley water
- Take two or three very cool glasses a day.
– Is lemon alkaline or acidic?
More recipes and information on lemon
This article was endorsed by Elisenda Carballido - Dietitian nutritionist. Postgraduate in Phytotherapy and master in Nutrition and Metabolism.
Written by Editorial Botanical-online team in charge of content writing
14 June, 2021