CONSEQUENCES OF TAKING YAM
– Abortion : the use of supplements with wild yam (Dioscorea villosa) is not safe for pregnant women and during lactation.
* More information: Plants and pregnancy.
– Contact dermatitis: when A poultice or plaster is applied crude, yams can cause skin irritation.
– Stomach pain: there have been cases of stomach pain while supplementing with wild yam. Stop taking and consult your doctor if you have this symptom.
Wild yam has contraindications.
* See Contraindications of wild yam.
More information about yam.