When you should not take common rue
What are the contraindications of common rue?
- No medical control: This is a toxic and irritating plant to the digestive tract, so it can NOT be used without medical supervision.
- Pregnancy and lactation: Rue is abortive and is totally contraindicated in pregnancy and lactation.
- Endometriosis and problems of the female genital tract
- Do not sunbathe after taking common rue, because its oils are phototoxic, so it can produce skin lesions.
Dangers of common rue herbal preparations
Photo of common rue
Rue can cause poisoning and adverse effects such as:
- Irritation and inflammation of the digestive system, tongue and pharynx
- Nausea and vomiting
- Excessive production of saliva (drooling)
- Inflammation of the urinary tract
- Vaginal bleeding and inflammation of the uterus
- Joint pain
- Injuries in the kidneys, liver and intestine
- Depression of the central nervous system
- At worst, it can cause death.
More information on common rue.
13 February, 2022