WHEN YOU CAN NOT TAKE ROSEMARY
Rosemary water for external use on the skin. See how to prepare remedies with rosemary
Is Rosemary toxic?
In the right amounts, rosemary is not a toxic plant.
However, ingestion of rosemary preparations or skin use of high amounts of rosemary essential oil can be toxic.
What toxic components rosemary has?
– The essential oil contains camphor, an irritant substance.
– The essential oil of rosemary is classified among convulsant oils, That’s to say, with neurotoxic effect.
Precautions for the use of rosemary
– Pregnancy. Use of the plant can be abortifacient.
– Essential oil of rosemary. DO NOT ingest the essential oil of rosemary, because it has potential neurotoxic effects.
High intake of essential oil of rosemary can be lethal. Even when essential oil of rosemary is diluted, it can irritate the stomach and intestines, or damage the kidneys.
* Related information: Side effects of rosemary
More information about rosemary.
12 May, 2023