Herbal treatment of otitis externa
Phytotherapy: Medicinal plants for otitis externa
The phytotherapy for treating swimmer’s ear is based on the use of a number of plants with the following purposes:
– Germicide plants that are able to get rid of the germs that cause infection:
– Plants that create a layer that prevents moisture from remaining in the ear.
Medicinal plant remedies for swimmer’s ear
The most interesting plants for these purposes are:
– Olive (Olea europea L.) It can contribute to eliminate microorganisms. On the other hand, it protects the ear against excessive moisture. (Gently soak your ear with a few of cotton impregnated with olive oil, especially before entering the water.)
– Elder (Sambucus nigra) It has bactericidal properties (Apply the vapor resulting from the decoction of a handful of dried flowers. Dry properly after use) (More information about the vaporization method in the general study of the plant)
– Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus globulus) It also has bactericidal properties (Apply the vaporization method with eucalyptus leaves. Dry properly using the previous method)
– White dead-nettle (Lamium album) Because of its bactericidal properties, the leaves of white dead-nettle can be used in the same way.
More information about swimmer’s ear.
Remedies for swimmer's ear
13 May, 2019