Herbal treatment of thrombosis
Phytotherapy: Medicinal plants for thrombosis
Phytotherapy in the treatment of thrombosis focuses on the use of plants for the following purposes:
– Plants with circulatory properties that improve blood circulation. They are mostly fluidizing components that reduce blood clotting ability.
– Diuretic plants that increase the expulsion of body fluids, and consequently promote greater elimination of toxins and therefore a purer and fluid blood flow.
– Plants with vasotonic properties that protect blood vessels and give them greater flexibility
Important Note: The use of these remedies along with other anticoagulant drugs may have side effects or incompatibilities. Consult your doctor before taking these remedies if you are taking these medications.
Medicinal plants for thrombosis
Among the main plants, we can include the following:
– Garlic (Allium sativum): Ideal to avoid blood clots (Half a gram of dye per day) (Raw in salad) (Maceration of 100 grams of garlic 400 grams of alcohol in wine. Half a teaspoon before bedtime)
– Ginger (Zingiber officinale) thins the blood, prevents thrombus formation and lowers blood pressure (Eat ginger meals. (Take 3 capsules of 250 mg per day, divided between meals)
– Ginkgo (Ginkgo biloba) Ginkgo is one of the best remedies to improve blood circulation. (See how to use it in the general study of this plant)
– Cayenne pepper is also capable of decreasing the fibrin which is useful in the prevention and treatment of blood clots. (Include cayenne pepper with meals)
– Tarragon: (Artemisia dracunculus) The active principle of tarragon, called estragole, possess antiplatelet properties aiding to blood flow. (Use it as a condiment or infusion; 5g. Dried leaves in 250ml of water. Take a couple of glasses)
– Cat’s claw (Uncaria tomentosa): It decreases the clotting ability of blood.
– Willow (Salix alba) With anticoagulant properties that hinder the formation of thrombi or clots within the arteries or veins by accumulation of platelets. (Infusion of a teaspoon of bark per cup of water. Drink a glass every two days) (Contraindications in the general study of the plant)
– Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) Ideal for increasing the volume of urine. thus improving blood circulation (infusion of dried leaves. Take 3 cups a day. The same infusion can also be done with the mixture of leaves with roots.)
– Horsetail (Equisetum arvense) Another very good diuretic. (Decoction for 30 minutes of 100 gr. Of the dried plant per liter of water. Take a couple of cups a day) (2 tablespoons fresh juice diluted in water per day) (3 gr. Of fluid extract daily. Sold in pharmacies and herbalists) (Contraindications in the general study of the plant)
SUPPLEMENTS: Vitamins and minerals for thrombosis
The use of vitamins, minerals and other supplements can help facilitate the dissolution of blood clots or prevent their formation. It is recommended using the following supplements:
– Linseed oil: It is rich in unsaturated fatty acids
– Soy lecithin: It lowers cholesterol and helps to destroy the plaques in the arteries.
More information on the natural treatment of thrombosis.
Remedies for thrombosis
21 March, 2019