BEARNAISE SAUCE RECIPE
- 100g. butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 80ml. tarragon vinegar. If not available, use wine vinegar.
- 3-4 onions or shallots (Allium ascalonicum), chopped
- Fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- Fresh parsley or fresh chervil (Anthriscus cerefolium), chopped
- Crushed white peppercorns
- Reduce tarragon vinegar with chopped shallots, tarragon, parsley and white pepper. Cook over medium heat until reduced by half.
- When it is reduced, remove from heat.
- Mix with butter and a little salt. Stir the mixture well.
- Beat the egg yolks and add slowly to the mixture when this is warm stirring constantly. It is important for the mixture not to be at a high temperature, since the egg could be cooked. In contrast, if too cold, butter would be difficult to remove (solidify).
- The mixture will emulsify and form a thicker texture as we mix it.
- If the mixture has thickened too, water can be added (dropwise).
- Garnish with a few leaves of tarragon or chervil.
- Serve immediately as the mixture is still warm. If necessary, warm to bain Marie. Do not cool.
|PROPERTIES OF BEARNAISE SAUCE|
More recipes and information on tarragon properties and medicinal uses.
2 August, 2023