Durian ice-cream recipe
– 250g. fresh frozen seedless durian pulp .
– 200ml. of whole milk. Some recipes also use coconut milk.
– 250g. whipped cream
– 3 egg yolks
– 100g. brown sugar
– A pinch of cinnamon, cardamom, mint, etc.. (to taste)
– Beat the durian with milk and spices in blender until forming a thick dough.
– In another bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar until it forms a kind of pale and soft foam.
– Mix well above both preparations.
– Bring the mixture to a boil in a saucepan, just until sugar is dissolved, and let it cool for 1 hour.
– When the mixture is cool, mix with whipped cream in gentle movements.
– Place in a bowl and leave in the freezer for 2 hours.
– Remove from freezer and mix the ingredients again.
– Put back in the freezer overnight and serve.
This ice cream is a refreshing dish, sometimes consumed as dessert or snack during the summer months. Although it is high in fat (from cream) and sugar, this recipe can be included in moderation in a balanced diet.
* Another durian recipe: Durian milkshake
More information about durian.
7 June, 2021