PRICKLY PEAR RECIPES
- 180g. dry beans
- 150g. of fresh nopalitos, cut into cubes
- 5 roasted tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 potato
- 2 cilantro sprigs
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cayenne peppers or guajillo chiles, hydrated in hot water
- Olive oil
Preparation of nopales soup
Noni juice containing a bottle of 500 ml. The instructions advise taking a tablespoon or two 30 minutes before the three main meals.
- Cook the beans in boiling salted water.
- Wash and peel the potatoes, cut into cubes.
- Cut the onion fine, same with the garlic and pepper.
- In a skillet, saute the onion, the garlic, pepper, chilies and potatoes, with a pinch of salt.
- Add and remove nopalitos.
- Add the cooked beans.
- Boil all ingredients over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Top with chopped fresh cilantro, turn off heat, cover and let stand 10 minutes.
Properties of nopales soup
Delicious and healthy recipe, full of natural antioxidants and medicinal components.
Nutritionally, this recipe gives us fiber and slow-digesting carbohydrates which provide sustained energy and satiety, which prevents snacking. Because of its vegetable protein content, it is a very nutritious dish.
Ideal for taking as main dish meal.
More recipes and information on prickly pear.
21 February, 2022