PRICKLY PEAR RECIPES
PRICKLY PEAR CHEESE RECIPE
What is prickly pear cheese?
The prickly pear cheese is prepared from the fruit of the prickly pear (Opuntia ficus-indica) to dispose of the large amount of fruit produced in areas where the plant grows wild.
The well-crafted cheese cactus is easy to maintain and consume.
How to prepare prickly pear cheese?
– Prickly pears
– Wash all fruits, taking care to protect your hands with gloves.
– The fruit must be healthy and undamaged.
– Carefully peel the fruit, reserving the skin and withdrawing all pulps.
– Cut the pulp into pieces.
– In a saucepan, place the pulp with ¼ part water and cook over low heat for 5-8 hours, until almost all the liquid has evaporated a mass such a puree is left. Stir constantly to prevent sticking.
– This species os puree is referred marshmallow puree.
– Place the thick liquid into a bowl and let it cool.
– The final product will be consistent with sound and texture, similar to the quince.
– This cheese is a preparation almost with no fat, that gives us energy in the form of sugars. It is an ideal condiment to take at breakfast or snack when we need to take energy to work during the day or evening.
More information about prickly pear in the listing above
22 April, 2019