Herbal remedies for varicose veins
Phytotherapy: Herbal tea preparations for varicose veins
The phytotherapy for varicose veins in the legs is based on the use of a number of plants whose primary function is:
– Astringent plants that prevent bleeding and favor cicatrization.
– Hemostatic plants, that stop bleeding.
– Artery invigorating plants that increase the arteries and capillaries tone, prevent edema formation and increase resistance of blood vessels.
– Analgesic plant that relieve the painful symptoms of hemorrhoids.
– Circulatory plants: Increase blood circulation and diminish swelling.
Internal use medicinal plants for varicose veins
– Mallow (Malva sylvestris) (Infusion of a spoonful of flowers and leaves per cup. Two cups a day)
– Horsetail (Equisetum arvense) Horsetail is a good remedy to stop hemorrhages since the pectic and gallic gallic constitute good homeostatic principles that stop bleeding. Therefore its use will be suitable in situations where blood leakage is more abundant than the usual: excess of blood in menstruation uterine hemorrhage, blood from the nose, bloody sputa, blood in the urine, bleeding varicose veins etc. (Tisane by cooking for 20 minutes, 10 teaspoons of the dried plant. Three cups a day) (2 spoonfuls of fresh juice diluted in water every day)
– Red vine (Vitis vinifera) (Decoction for 1 / 4 of an hour of three tablespoons of shredded dried leaves per liter of water. Take 3 or four cups per day)
– Yarrow (Achillea millefolium) (infusion of dried flowers. Two cups a day)
– Wild celery (Angelica archangelica) and reduce inflammation and pain
– Plantain (Plantago major) he fresh leaves of plantain are one of the best vulneraries. They help the body to heal wounds and promote scar formation. This property is attributed so much to their content in tannins as well as alantolin. Tannin function as hemostatic and cicatrizant. It is a substance that stimulates epidermis cell growing and replaces those cells that were injured, so it produces their regeneration.
This is the reason why this component is used by the cosmetics industry for the composition of skin creams. Leaving apart the complexity of those types of creams, a simple well-washed fresh leaf of this plant can be applied on a scar to stop bleeding. By doing this, it will help to cicatrize and prevent the risk of infection. (Poultice of the fresh plant)
– Chicory (Cichorium intybus) Used externally we take advantage of its astringent and vulnerary properties to eliminate the imperfections of the skin that are manifested in form of pimples, acne, stains, etc. and to cure the ulcerations (Cataplasm of the maceration of 100 g. of dry root in boiling water)
– Holm oak (Quercus ilex) (Make a decoction of 4 tablespoons of dried bark per liter of water. Apply a compress soaked with a liquid of this decoction on varicose veins, especially when they are ulcerated)
– Hyssop (Hyssopus officinalis) (Infusion of 1 tablespoon of dried plant per cup of water, 3 times a day)
Photo of hyssop plant.
– Yarrow (Achillea millefolium L.) (Boil a handful of flower summits in a litter of water during 15 minutes. Pour it in the bath or in a basin and make hip baths with this preparation)
– Horsetail (Equisetum arvense) It can be used to treat hemorrhoids externally, especially those that bleed. (Cleansing with the decoction of 60 g. of dry plant for liter of a water) This preparation is also suitable for external varicose veins treatment.
– Agrimony (Agrimonia eupatoria) (Cleansing with the dried plant boiled in wine – Boil 200 g. of the dried plant in a liter of wine for 5 minutes. Allow to infuse for 5 minutes.)
– Horse chestnut (Aesculus hippocastanum) (Cleansing with the decoction of a teaspoon of bark per cup) (Cataplasm 15 g. of fruit pulp per liter of water)
– Cypress (Cupressus sempervirens) (Decoction for 10 minutes two tablespoons of dried leaves per liter of water. Strain and let cool. Apply with a gauze the liquid from the decoction on the affected area, including any ulcers or sores)
– Comfrey: (Symphytum officinale) (Poultice of dried plant)
– Evening primrose (Oenothera biennis) (Take evening primrose oil capsules according to the conditions of the patient information leaflet. Usually established on 250 mg of GLA per day) (Avoid unreliable brands due to the adulteration these oils are often subjected)
– Black currant (Ribes nigrum) Varicose veins are caused by poor circulation. The syrup of black currant fruits will improve conditions of varicose veins by reducing its size by reducing the pain and heaviness that produce (fruits, currant syrup black according to the conditions of the patient information leaflet. For sale in pharmacies and herbalists)
– Horse chestnut (Aesculus hippocastanum) (The safest way of taking this product is through a standard complement aescin to be found in pharmacies and herbalists. The usual dose is usually about 500 mg daily in the morning)
– Witch hazel (Hamamelis virginiana) (Clean affected area with watery or alcoholic extracts of witch hazel. They can be bought in pharmacies and herbalists. Apply them according to the conditions of patient information leaflet)
– Golden seal / Solomon’s seal (Hydrastis candensis) (Apply its ointment on inflamed varicose veins) (It can be bought in pharmacies and herbalists. Apply it according to the conditions of patient information leaflet)
More information about varicose veins natural treatments.
5 April, 2022